Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome

This is my welcome mat:


Nobody expects in the middle of nowhere so I like to see what think when I welcome them into my world. A world in which anything is possible, and where all things are planned and everything has a purpose whether we can see it or not. Like a giant game of connect the dots. You don’t always see what the picture will be before you put the effort in, but the artist knows, the artist has known from the start. In my world I can make the rain stop if I want to just by my attitude.  Fairies fly through my room at night and the fire flies really do burn like embers. A dragon lights my candles so I can read by their light, and my mirror really does talk to me about Snow White and her unending beauty.
In my world I’m a famous author like I hope to be here some day. The words flow from my pen like a river, strong, surrounding, and unstoppable. But… enough of that! You don’t want to hear about the inner reaches of mind… do you? If you do… you have problems! This is a blog about my all too REAL life! My name is Elise and I am timeless my age is irrelevant.  I love to take pictures and I think I’m pretty good!  I also love to write and I intend to be published one day!  
My anger is fueled once again by school! I’m not a very good speller, but I sighed up for the spelling bee anyway, because there is a $25 prize. The spelling bee is 6 days from now. My math teacher told me when I tried to sign up that couldn’t, cause no one else at my school had! So I go phone calling and I had to call guys too. If I got 4 more people (besides me) to sign up we would do it. Well calling the guys didn’t go really well… their mom’s were like, “There is a girl on the phone for you!” and I just blushed on the other end of the phone line… AWKWARD! I finally got enough people to sign up and my math teacher gives me the words. THERE ARE 01,00!!!! I ONLY HAVE 6 DAYS!!!!!! I’m never going to win!!!!!! They are words like “baccalaureate” and “kielbasa” and “sarsaparilla”! WHAT THE HECK?!?!
Oh well! I just have to work really hard! And always remember, I before E except after C!

~Elise (stay gold!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

you already took the spelling test and i thought you won with only 3 people. (any way it is i before e except after c and if it makes the "a" sound as in "their"...) i luv ur' blogg...